There are numerous resources available to help in the event of an emergency or natural disaster. Be sure to utilize the resources available.
- Take personal responsibility for being aware of local weather conditions.
- Sign up for CODE RED and receive local, public safety alerts via telephone, text message, and email directly from Douglas County.
- Consider signing up for additional notification means to further maximize your safety.
- Develop an emergency communication plan for you and your family.
- Build a kit. Being prepared means having your own food, water and other needed supplies to last for several days.
- Download the County’s Disaster Preparedness Guide for more helpful tips to prepare you and your family — including your pets and livestock.
REGISTER FOR CODE RED
CodeRED (Reverse 911) will alert you by phone, email and text about emergencies in your area.
It will also provide you instructions on what to do to protect life and property.
The high-speed system works by sending out pre-recorded voicemails to your phone and email.
The system will notify you about police activity, lost children, wildfires, and other emergencies nearby.
Please encourage friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers to register.
Businesses should also sign up.
For more information visit the Douglas County Sheriff site
DOUGLAS COUNTY HAZARD MAP